ECD Centre Cook Vacancy!
Contract Duration: 1 Year. Renewal depends on performance.
Location: Evaton West, Gauteng
We are looking for a skilled Cook to prepare delicious and nutritious meals according to the menu. You will cook dishes that will delight our stakeholders, children & our managing team with their taste and timely delivery.
An excellent cook must be able to follow instructions in cooking and delivering well-prepared meals. They must be deft in moving around the kitchen and apt in multi-tasking. Experience in using various ingredients and cooking techniques is also important.
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat, etc.)
- Cook food in various utensils or grillers.
- Check food while cooking to stir or turn.
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are served.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check the quality of the ingredients.
- Monitor stock in our pantry, place orders when there are shortages, and keep it clean.
- Any other ad hoc duties as assigned by management.
- Proven experience of 2 years as a Cook.
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware, and bakeware.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling, etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Very good communication skills.
- Excellent physical condition and stamina.
- National Diploma from a culinary school is required.